06 November 2010

a n i m a l l o v e

b   i   k   e   r   s  *  a   g   a   i   n   s   t  *   a   n   i   m   a   l    *  
 c   r   u   e   l   t  y   (b a a c)
__________________________________________________

I am a new member of BON’s,  Bikers Against Animal Cruelty (BAAC) Fan Page.    I was lucky to have grown up with many beloved pets in all different shapes and sizes.   I’ve had irreplaceable cat and dog friends,  fish,  gerbils,  and even a Nubian goat once named Butterfly.    I’ve taken care of my daughter’s lizards.    My last fish was a male betta I named Ozzy.    He lived for almost three years in his little bowl.

I’ve tenderly cared for baby rabbits,  and injured birds.   I’ve experienced the great sadness of having to put a beloved pet to sleep.    I drive carefully in areas where animals might be out  -  even those annoying squirrels darting back-and-forth across the roads (they know you’re there!!!!)

Just a few of the great qualities you can learn from caring for pets,  include humility,  gratitude,  unconditional love,  compassion,  selflessness,  and even responsibility.

The never-ending healing powers of animal love.    Companions to so many.    Animals also bring people together in positive ways.   Who doesn’t love a baby animal?   Even nations can share animal friendships,  such as China’s Panda bears and the many wildlife sanctuaries around the world.

* * * * * * * * * *


This is Elsa,  the Kenyan lion from the true story,  Born Free